Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sewing with Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts

I got to spend the day at Prairie Point quilt shop in Shawnee Kansas taking a class from Joanna Figueroa! I had a great time working on a quilt using her Jelly Girl pattern. Here is a picture of us, her Jelly Girl quilt is in the background.


I decided to use her Strawberry Fields line of fabric. This is what I got accomplished so far.


I bought several more Fig Tree patterns while I was there. Looking forward to working on these patterns too! Oh how I wish the start of the school year wasn't so close, then I would have more time to work on projects like these.

It was so fun to see Joanna's quilts in person, she brought piles of them. I love her soft, vintagey (I know that is not a word) colors, and no-template designs. It was a great day, but I am pooped! I am off to bed to read the new issue of American Patchwork and Quilting, a nice surprise that was waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment