Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt


It is HOOOTTTT in Topeka! This is the 8th day in a row we have had three digit temperatures! We are expecting at least two more days this hot. Those of you from the mid-west know we have a lot of humidity here, so 100 degrees can actually feel much more hot than that! There is not too much else to do other than hide in the basement during the day and sew.

I have been reading a lot on other blogs about The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt, and I just had to join the fun. So far I have made three of the blocks. I am using all of my Fig Tree scraps on this project. I do like how the blocks have turned out but I must say I have had a hard time getting excited about using templates to make the blocks. There is something about my rotary cutter that I am really missing on this project!


This is block #2, Autumn Tints.


Block #41, Friendship Star


Block #4 Basket Weave

Upcoming events for the Fangman's include celebrating Darren's 40th birthday at a Royal's baseball game, shopping in KC, and I get to take a class from Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree quilts!!! For now, I am going to the basement to do more sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment