Monday, August 1, 2011

Birthdays...

We have been doing a lot of celebrating the last two weekends! Last weekend we spent Saturday in Kansas City celebrating Darren's 40th birthday. We topped the day off at the Royal's baseball game. I believe it was 104 degrees at game time. I don't think I have ever been any hotter in my entire life! The Royals pulled out a win in overtime, it was a great time! (Even in the gosh darn heat!) I didn't want to take my nice camera in to the game and can't for the life of me find the cord to upload the pictures from our other camera, so I included a picture of Darren that was actually taken last month at Tristan's birthday party.


This weekend we got to celebrate Summer's 11th birthday. Wow, does time fly by. I can't believe it has been 11 years! She had a friend over the night before her birthday and they made chocolate cupcakes.


The next day after the girls got up they worked to make a lunch of spaghetti and bread sticks that they served on my wedding china. I totally forgot to take a picture of the table. We started a new family tradition last year when Summer could not find the perfect paper plates for serving her birthday cake. Out of desperation, because I was really sick of looking at paper plates, I offered up my wedding china. She loved the idea, they looked beautiful and we were not throwing anything in the landfill!

We spent a fun day of eating lunch at home, served by Summer and her friend. Then off to Potwin Pottery to paint a few projects, supper at Hou Hot, then some time to read at Barnes and Noble. Summer was able to test drive her new Nook there. It was a fun day celebrating a very special young lady that is growing up so fast. Summer, I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment