Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weekend thrift store finds


Spent some time this weekend at a few flea markets, thrift stores and antique shops! It was a great way to spend my birthday weekend. Here are a few of my finds.


This is a lime green pyrex bowl. It was pretty grubby when I bought it but I am real happy with how well it cleaned up.


Two small square pyrex berry bowls. Notice the cute vintage sheet too!


More pyrex. There was a third large bowl in this set but it was not in great shape so I left it.


I think this might be my favorite find! A thermal pitcher. It matches my Mom's "cookie bowl". My Mom always serves her famous chocolate chip and p-nut butter cookies in a bowl with this exact print on it. I believe she said she got her cookie bowl as a wedding gift about 45 years ago.

A couple of retro Fire King mugs. I have enjoyed drinking my coffee out of these the past few mornings. An added bonus, I don't feel guilty having two cups as they are so much smaller than the coffee mugs we all use today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! My mom had the green flowers Corelle dishes. She got them for Christmas when I was 10 or 11 yrs. old. I have the Woodland Brown style from the late '70's. We still eat off of them daily. I have three of the mixing bowls in the opposing colors of brown and white like your green ones in the 3rd pic from top. I still use them, too. I bought mine on clearance at the Venture store in Overland Park in 1979 or so! Venture was at 95th & Metcalf. That was a long time ago!! Who knew my Corelle daily dishes would become retro-ware?! They last forever, almost like iron.
    This summer on our way home from Maine, we stopped in Corning, NY and went to the Corning Museum of Glass! I was thrilled, but Tom didn't enjoy it as much as I did. We spent 4 hours or so there. Learned about the history of glass, making of glass, glass & technology, art glass, the diverse uses of glass. It was so cool and a fun day, even though Tom didn't think so. I would love to go back again in a few years (and let Tom find something else to do). That part of New York state is sooo beautiful! I was pleasantly surprised, not ever having been there before July 2011. Gorgeous riding country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although my mom's dishes didn't match any of the ones I have found they still remind me of being a kid.

    I would love to go to the Corning Museum of glass. Somethings are just better experienced when husbands have something else to do!:-)

    ReplyDelete