Sunday, June 19, 2011

A sick kid, and a sewing frenzy!

Last week I had a sick kid, we spent three hours at minor med waiting to see a doctor to get a strep throat diagnosis. I was able to get a lot of hand work finished during the wait. I am working on my own smaller version of my Grandma's cat quilt. I am happy with how the blocks look.


Because of the strep throat we had to give up our plans of hanging out at the pool for two days. The oldest daughter, who wasn't sick was pretty upset about the entire deal. So, I thought it might be fun to get her sewing on a project of her own. She was excited about it too! I cut out a bunch of 4 inch blocks out of my dog fabric stash and she used my sewing machine to stitch them into a pillow. She even quilted it! She is already planning her next project.


By day two the younger daughter was feeling much better but we couldn't get out because she was still contagious. She spent some time working on her cat block. I am not sure if she is making a pillow out of it or making more for a quilt of her own.


Even though we didn't get to spend those two days as planned it was a great time to slow down, and pass on my passion for sewing to my daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment