Sunday, February 15, 2015

a block-of-the-month and some foundation piecing

Greetings... I was off work on Friday from my real job and was able to do a little sewing. Up first is my BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop. I guess they are calling it a quilt-along. They are doing this to raise funds for St. Jude's Hospital. I am completing my quilt using my collection of Fig Tree fabrics. I am excited about how it turned out and am anxious to get started on the next block which should be ready any time now.
 

Next up is a little foundation pieced zip-bag. I haven't done any foundation piecing in a long time and really enjoyed working on this. It went together easily. It was a great way to use up all of the little fabric scraps from a quilt I made earlier. The black batik is like a magnet to every piece of cat hair in the house though. My next bag will be done in different fabrics.


 For now we are gearing up for a little snow. We haven't had much of the white stuff this winter in northeast Kansas. 

Blessings-
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment