Sunday, September 11, 2011

What are you reading???

I love to read! Unfortunately I don't have a lot of extra time during the school year to read, but I make up for it during the summer time. This summer my two favorite books were Gray Matter by David Levy and The Paris Wife by Paula Mclain.

Dr. Levy, a neurosurgeon writes of his experiences of praying with his patients before surgery. To me, this story spoke of what amazing things God can do in our lives and in the lives of others if we step out in faith and do what He asks us to do. This book also made me think about what I should be doing in my sphere of influence to spread the goodness of God. I rarely read a book more than once, but this one I will read again.

The Paris Wife is a novel about the first marriage of Earnest Hemmingway. Even though this is a novel the author did extensive research on her subject and much of the story is true. Hemmingway lived a very interesting life!

I am in need of another great book to read. I read all types of books. What do you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I am slowly reading Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown. She is one of my favorite authors. I am constantly working at reading all of her books. S. Brown has a new book released on 9/20/11. It is titled "Lethal". I will buy it later at the library booktique for a buck or two! I would like to find "The Help" there one day soon. Loved, loved the movie!

    A Kansas author I love is Nancy Pickard. She wrote The Scent of Rain and Lightning and The Virgin of Small Plains. Both are read-as-fast-as-you-can fiction. Nancy is an awesome writer! Check out her website at http://www.nancypickard.com/

    Have you ever checked out http://www.goodreads.com/ ? It is a fun web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of the great suggestions! I haven't read any of those books. I would be glad to lend you The Help when you are ready.

    I looked at goodreads, can't wait to play around with that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete